Just released - GoQat 2.1.1 is here!
GoQat is a hardware control and data acquisition program for astronomy on the Linux platform. It has an INDI client to control any device with an INDI driver and has native support for any CCD camera from Quantum Scientific Imaging and any Starlight Xpress USB 2.0 camera. It can also control Starlight Xpress filter wheels. GoQat can guide mounts via a serial/USB port, parallel port or autoguider port. Autoguider cameras include Starlight Xpress and QSI cameras and any video-for-linux devices such as webcams or frame-grabbers. GoQat implements some features of the Losmandy Gemini system and focusing via Robofocus is fully supported. GoQat is multithreaded and tuned to give as smooth a performance as possible, even on single processor machines.
The INDI client is standalone in this version - INDI devices will be fully integrated with the rest of GoQat starting with the next release. Using the natively supported devices, you can:
- Set the CCD temperature and filter for your CCD exposures, capture sub-frames and use binning.
- Display real-time scrolling graphs of your CCD camera temperature.
- Calibrate the autoguider with the camera at any angle with a single mouse-click.
- Autoguide your exposures using the fully integrated autoguiding functions: CCD exposures automatically wait until the autoguider is ready.
- Show real-time scrolling strip charts of star positions for periodic error analysis.
- Focus your telescope automatically, including 'V-curve' calibration, temperature compensated focusing and the ability to adjust focus according to defined offsets for each filter change.
- Play back recorded video and automatically perform photometry and astrometry on each frame - ideal for asteroid occultations and other transient events.
- Use task lists to control the operation of your telescope, CCD camera, autoguider and focuser completely unattended. GoQat can detect incoming tasks from a remote location and act accordingly.
- Execute arbitrary scripts in the language of your choice, to perform any external operations that you can do with a script (e.g. live upload of images to a website) and to interact with and control GoQat.
- Load and save Losmandy Gemini pointing model parameters and PEC data, and more.
GoQat can be downloaded for free under the terms of the General Public License. See www.gnu.org/licenses/ for further details.