GoQat 1.0.0 major new release now available!
GoQat operates any CCD camera from Quantum Scientific Imaging (QSI) on the Linux platform. It has also been tested with a Starlight Xpress Lodestar and is expected to work with any Starlight Xpress USB 2.0 camera. It can guide mounts via a serial/USB port, parallel port or autoguider port. Autoguider cameras include Starlight Xpress and any cameras supported by the Unicap library including the popular astronomy cameras from The Imaging Source. You can also use low-light video cameras such as Mintron or Watec via the Imaging Source video-to-firewire converter, or Video-for-Linux devices such as webcams. GoQat implements some features of the Losmandy Gemini system and focusing via Robofocus is fully supported. GoQat is multithreaded and tuned to give as smooth a performance as possible, even on single processor machines.
- Set the CCD temperature and filter for your CCD exposures, capture sub-frames and use binning.
- Display real-time scrolling graphs of your CCD camera cooler power and temperature.
- Calibrate the autoguider with the camera at any angle with a single mouse-click.
- Autoguide your exposures using the fully integrated autoguiding functions: CCD exposures automatically wait until the autoguider is ready.
- Show real-time scrolling strip charts of star positions for periodic error analysis.
- Focus your telescope automatically, including 'V-curve' calibration for point sources (stars), temperature compensated focusing and the ability to adjust focus according to defined offsets for each filter change.
- Record real-time or time-lapse video from any of the supported video cameras.
- Play back recorded video and automatically perform photometry and astrometry on each frame - ideal for asteroid occultations and other transient events.
- Use task lists to control the operation of your telescope, CCD camera, autoguider and focuser completely unattended. GoQat can detect incoming tasks from a remote location and act accordingly.
- Execute arbitrary scripts in the language of your choice, to perform any external operations that you can do with a script (e.g. live upload of images to a website) and to interact with and control GoQat.
- Load and save Losmandy Gemini pointing model parameters and PEC data, and more.
GoQat can be downloaded for free under the terms of the General Public License. See www.gnu.org/licenses/ for further details.